The case for investing in uranium stocks is as follows;
- In March of 2011, the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear disaster occurred, triggering negative international public opinion that would damage the confidence in nuclear power.
- This led to a radical change in the global community against nuclear power. Many countries (Malaysia, Bahrain, the Philippines, etc.) either halted or abandoned their planned nuclear power projects and one major global power, Germany, accelerated plans to close all nuclear power plants by 2022.
- The spot price of uranium for January 1, 2011 was US$72.63/lbs., by July 1, 2011, the price was US$51.75/lbs.
- Uranium spot price hit a low of US$18.00/lbs. by November 2016. More recently, the price closed out March 2019 at US$25.20/lbs., still significantly below previous 2011 levels.
- In 2019, uranium stocks are currently trading at historically low prices.
- Numerous long-term indicators for the uranium suggest the market